2/15/09

Got Towels?



Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, today when I was going over the major headlines, one headline stuck out to me. It was a headline dealing with Steelers kicker Jeff Reed. Reed got in some trouble this past weekend. Reed threw a temper tantrum at a convenience store. Why? Did someone ask for his autograph after a fan kept bugging him for it? No…nobody wanted his autograph. Then what happened? To my dismay, Reed got into a heated temper tantrum because the bathroom at the convenience store had no towels in its restroom. Yes, I said towels. When police got to the store, they said that Reed had destroyed the towel dispenser and used bad language with the employee working there. “Reed caused damage to a towel dispenser as he was infuriated at the fact that there were no towels in it,” according to a news release by Trooper Shawn Askins, who issued the citations.

Ok, this incident that happened was very dumb and stupid on Reed’s part. I usually don’t care about kickers too much, unless it’s Mason Crosby (Packers Kicker). This story just stuck out to me and I couldn’t believe what he did. Seriously, you’re gonna cry and get pissed off because you can’t whip your hands after using the restroom. Come on, grow up. You have to tell me that this can’t be the first time Reed has gone to a restroom where there weren't any towels left to wipe his hands with. I’ve been in many situations over the years (mostly in movie theaters) where I’ve used the restroom, and there were no towels to wipe my hands with after washing my hands. I didn’t go bust up a towel dispenser or use bad curse words to the people that should’ve put in towels. I just used my shirt to dry my hands. It does suck when there aren’t towels, but you need to deal with it. People sometimes forget to put them in because they are busy with their work. Maybe the guy at the store forgot to do it, which happens everywhere. What so stupid is that Reed got a ticket for his foolishness and may pay a fine up to $300 and 90 days in jail. That is going to suck when your cellmates ask you what you did to get in jail. “I broke a towel dispenser in the bathroom.” Overall, this was a very funny headline when I was online reading articles and browsing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too funny.. Money and especially fame makes people way too arrogant to the 'average' person... sad huh..

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add that he has also won two Superbowl rings. Not good publicity for the Steelers.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Sports Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger