3/25/09

Cena on A-Rod



I’m still a wrestling fan, I’m not as crazy about it as I was younger in middle school. I still watch it on TV every Monday when there is nothing good and entertaining on. I used to watch Heroes, but there storylines became very complex and confusing like a comic book and I used to watch 24, but I got bored of the show. Let's not forget about MFN, but that won’t be back on until September when football season starts again. So I watch Monday Night Raw, there isn’t nothing wrong with that.

Now to my point...In an article WWE wrestler John Cena said that steroid user Alex Rodriguez should be out in jail. “[Steroids] are the personal choice of the athlete,” says the WWE wrestler, currently starring in the film “12 Rounds.” “And [Rodriguez] got defensive, saying he used because he felt he needed to. If there was a set of [legal] stipulations set in place, he may never have even considered it. “The government should take the initiative, and if you get caught using drugs, then you should go to jail. A criminal record will hurt your endorsements and long-term contracts.”

I like his point and agree with him in a way. If A-Rod knew ahead of time that a person could face some jail time for using PED’s, then he would’ve never had taken them in the first place. All those big endorsement deals would be taken away and he wouldn’t be able to be a marketable figure in the sport. If you’re not a marketable guy, the Yankees might not pay him as much. The Yanks will still pay him a lot of money, but the guy gets paid for his talent, skills, and his face (marketability presence). If you’re put in jail you lose some of that marketability. Many kids look up to the guy just like kids do with Derek Jeter. With A-Rod though, he’s in the public eye more than Jeter or any other player in the MLB. Let’s face it, many Yankee fans come to see the Yankees because of the tradition of being a Yankee fan and also because of the big star players. If the Yanks didn’t have the star power that they did, they would be irrelevant like the Pirates. They would be a team that would be overlooked. I mean look at the Raiders, what happened to them? They’re a team that had great tradition of winning, but now are overlooked. The same goes for the Cowboys when they had TO. TO was a marketable guy and that is why ESPN put a lot of attention on the Cowboys for the past couple of seasons and they will do the same with the Bills now. No one talked about the Bills, but they will now. I believe if players are to be put in jail for using steroids, the level of the usage will go down. Cena does have a point. You do need to establish harsh penalties in order to establish order and maintain justice for wrong doings of these steroid users.

Also in my opinion, John Cena is a big guy. I’m not saying he’s a user of steroids, but he could’ve gotten big by other methods besides using steroids. If he was using steroids, I don’t think he would’ve made these comments. I also know he played football in Springfield College and my teacher knew Cena when he was going to school to be a teacher there. He told me he was a big guy who played LB for the Springfield Pride football team. I know a few athletic trainers and they all told me that teams do give out stuff (not steroids) to help football players and athletes to get bigger. I just didn’t want anyone shooting back at me saying “how dare he suggest A-Rod should be put in jail, when he looks like a user”. I just wanted that to be clear on that.

5 comments:

Crazy Canton Cuts said...

Interesting post

95% of the WWE is on something, as we found out when Hogan/ McMahon had their court issues

btw - dude?

could you check out my latest post and join in on my mission?

I'd appreciate it

Azeem said...

I checked your latest blog and signed it. How come he hasn't been in the HOF yet? He has the credentials.

I know many wrestlers are on something. I thought it was interesting that John Cena who is the face of the WWE came out in public and made his concerns known to the public where he his employed by a company with a history with steroid uses.

Anonymous said...

HUH! excellent points Azeem !! so far who is the only one to do time? that olympic chick......WTH was her name, i'm drawing a blank here...well anyway, i don't know - jail is a bit harsh, they only are hurting themselves by juicing!

Azeem said...

Is it Marion Jones that you're thinking of CK?

I understand jail is harsh, but ppl need to be made examples of so other ppl can realize the brute realities that should be faced by breaking rules. They should be titled to due process and all there legals rights of course, they just shouldn't be just handcuffed and sent away behind bars.

Anonymous said...

YES! thank u :)

i had a friend who used to juice & he's a mess now. it's sad to see what it's done to him :( 30 years old & most of his major organs are failing , very very sad!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Sports Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger