3/2/09

Harsh times over at Denver



This past weekend before the deal between the Chiefs and the Patriots fell through, Denver had attempted to get Matt Cassel. There have been reports that the Broncos were discussing a trade with the Buccaneers and the Patriots, sending Cassel to the Broncos and Cutler to Tampa and New England in return getting draft pick(s) (I believe, not certain). Another scenario involved the Lions, Broncos, and Patriots, where the Lions would get Cutler and the Broncos get Cassel.

Wow! Imagine if that fell through. That would’ve been a big trade and would’ve shaken up the landscape a whole lot more than the Chiefs and Patriots trade. Well, guess what, it didn’t happen and now Broncos QB Jay Cutler isn’t very happy. “I'm upset. I mean, I'm really shocked at this point,” Cutler told The Post. “I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block.” I really feel bad for Cutler even though I’m not a big fan of the guy and his cockiness (thinks his arm is stronger than Elway). Pretty much what the Broncos organization is doing is spitting at Cutler’s face and his ability to be the Broncos QB. Even though they said that they never wanted to trade him, it was a slap to his face. They still thought about the possibility of trading him.

Head Coach Josh McDaniels said that the team got inquires for a number of players. “He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on,” new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told the Denver Post. “We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more.” That’s pretty much saying, we tried to get Matt Cassel, but that didn’t work out. O well, we have Jay here and he’ll do fine even though we tried to trade him. We can work with him and let’s move on. To me that seems like a bad apology even though it’s not an real apology. Jay Cutler was Mike Shanahan’s experiment which at times has worked out and at other time hasn’t. Cutler is still a work in progress and last year he had one hell of a season and his best numbers (25 TD’s, 18 INT, and 4526 yds).

As a whole, the Broncos are pretty much saying that they are not confident in Cutler to lead the team to a playoff game and potentially a Superbowl appearance. I would be lying if Cutler didn’t think that’s what the organization thinks of him right now. Also we can’t blame head coach McDaniels totally either. He tried to get Mat Cassel because he was familiar with his style of play and had a great relationship with him at New England. I can’t blame him for that. Both sides need to reconcile before the season starts. If you’re a Denver fan, you were on a big high with the recent signings going on. When this took place, that high has gone done because if the QB and head coach can’t look each other eye to eye, there will be some problems in the upcoming season. For the fan’s sake, I hope they can settle this issue out in time for next season and not create a rift between them, but it will make for good TV.

Also, can someone babysit Brandon Marshall? Really dude? The guy was arrested in Atlanta, for fighting. The guy needs to be careful. I don’t want to say the guy is becoming like Pac Man, but he’s getting close. He needs to understand that he’s employed in the NFL and many people are depending on him like his teammates and the people who sign his checks. He needs to watch his actions. Be a role model in Denver and everywhere else bro, kids do look up to you. The guy is in trouble every year. This is not good for the team in general. That Denver high must be wearing down now with the debacle between Cutler and McDaniels and the Marshall run with the law.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's got a right to be upset, i would be too! but, i want to hear from a denver fan on this! they know the team better then anyone!

nothin like off season drama, weed smokin & arrest to keep us bloggers busy LOL!

actress picture said...

nice article, thank's for share


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Sports Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger