3/10/09

You're Fired!



Dan Leone was an employee for the Eagles. He was fired for making comments about the Eagles and their off-season departures. In particular the releasing of Brian Dawkins sparked Leone to post a status comment saying…”Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver ... Dam Eagles R Retarted!!” After deleting the comment, the Eagles fired him of his job with the Eagles association as the west gate chief.

I understand why Leone did this and I think he shouldn’t have gotten fired for doing what he did. He like many fans wanted to vent on how he felt. The guy deleted the status comment after he met with Eagles front office and he still got fired by over the phone (one of the worst ways to get fired). I remember when the Packers were thinking about trading Favre to the Jets. I knew that I wrote some irate things on my status bar like “Ted Thompson doesn’t know what he’s doing and he sucks” (I didn’t write that actually, but something along those lines). I wrote that because that was how I felt, that was my instant knee jerk reaction to what was going on.

I hate the fact that the Eagles fired the guy about saying something and that the
Eagles met with him and he deleted it after that meeting. The Eagles fired him because he spoke up about how he felt. What, people can’t express themselves. Don’t people have the freedom of speech? I bet there are more people who are working with the Eagles who feel the same way Leone did, but they didn’t post it online for the entire world to see. Anyway, only Leone’s friends would’ve seen his status bar post. Now since this story has made into the public airways of the radio, print, and television, the Eagles have drawn more attention to themselves. Great job guys, before maybe only about 100-200 of Leone friends would’ve known about his comments, now the entire world knows. This was a bad way of handling this entire fiasco.

Another note, Leone only worked for the Eagles for the past six years as a west gate chief. He doesn’t get paid that much for that job. He must have another job because you can’t make a living from doing that for only 8 homes games once every Sunday or Monday per week. He worked there only part time. For all we might know, he can be a college student paying off his bills or what not. I wish the guy could get his job back. What the Eagles did was wrong in my opinion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET, love it Azeem!! this is all over the net, but yours is the best write up i've read on it yet!

he's disabled too.......eagles FO sucks it hard.......go ahead fire me Banner *insert complete sarcasm*

Azeem said...

I was happy to get your input on this, since your a Philly native. I can see we see eye to eye on this matter.

CowboyJoe said...

did y'all(I live in NashVegas give me a break) him on the Philly Fox station? He's wearing the yellow and powder blue throwback jersey, classy.

Azeem said...

Yeah I saw a clip of that on youtube...I thought i would never see those uni's ever again.

Anonymous said...

wait, what does a jersey have to do with this blog? i own a few of those jersey's myself.....
typical cowboy, wanna argue?

after the email i got about this when i sent u the link to this blog: you think the guys a dumbass & should have known.......HA

it's a facebook page......WHO gaf? only the eagles FO does & that COWBOY is just lame!

Azeem said...

I never said that anyone was a dumbass.

Anonymous said...

LOL~ not u, cowboy called the kid that got fired a dumbass.

i sent your link to him so he could check out your post, cuz i thought it was really solid! apparently some thought this kid should have "known" better then to put that on facebook

*rolleyes*


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Sports Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger