3/24/09

So, are you ready for some football... Week 1 games



So the first week games are out…not all of them, but the ones that matter to us in a national audience in week 1. The first game will be a Thursday night game on September 10 with the Super Bowl Champs playing the Titans. Then the following Sunday on NBC, it will be the Packers (yes, I’m looking forward to this game) playing the Bears in the frozen tundra of Green Bay. Then finally on Monday, it will be a double header with the first game including the Bills with their new WR Terrell Owens playing the Patriots. The second game will pit the Chargers playing the Raiders.

I like the how the season will open with the Champs playing the Titans, who could’ve been playing for the Super Bowl last year. Let’s not forget that the Titans did beat the Steelers last year. Then the best game of the week in my own bias opinion will be the Packers playing the Bears. I’m a big time Packers fan, so whenever I get the chance to see them play on TV…I’m hooked onto the TV through the last commercial. Living on the East Coast, I usually see lots of Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Jets, or Patriot games. Usually I see around 3 or 4 Packer games on TV total (regular season) or more if they’re in the playoffs. So far I know I will see two Packer games on TV as they will be playing the Lions on Thanksgiving. The other match up on Thanksgiving will be the Cowboys in their new stadium playing the Raiders (yawn).

Moving onto the Monday Night Football games, I like the Bills playing the Pats. It has a great story line behind it. It’s Owens’s first game with the Bills playing the Pats with Tom Brady as their QB (hopefully) from his injury. Let’s not forget it will also be TO vs. Moss as well (ESPN might play this angle out a lot before the game is near). Then the second game on ESPN will be pitting the Chargers playing the Raiders. I like the Chargers, but not the Raiders playing in the game. There really isn’t anything intriguing about them. I would’ve loved to see the Chargers playing the Chiefs. Seeing Matt Cassel leading his new team or even the Broncos with first time head coach Josh McDaniels would be much better than seeing the Raiders play the Chargers. Will Cutler lead them or a new QB taking the helm for the Broncos? Those are intriguing story lines from those two teams who should be playing the second game on ESPN for MNF. Those two teams will get you higher ratings in my opinion. Overall, a great slate of games for the first week of the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am MORE then ready for football!!

3rdStoneFromTheSun said...

I am with CK

HURRY UP FOOTBALL! :)

Azeem said...

I agree with you all as well. I'm really pumped for the draft to be here already let alone the season.

harga laptop said...

nice post, really cool


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Sports Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger